Sidor

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Beauty as I know it.

Hello!
I've been thinking.
I want you to see the world a little bit like I see it. Yes, that is what everybody wants, but I'm actually gonna give it a try.
Today you will get the first post in a series I'm going to call Beauty as I know it which will focus on the things I find most inspiring. Hopefully you will see the beauty like I see it, and maybe you will understand me a bit better and why my jewelry looks like it does. Interested?
Okej, first attempt to make you understand: ;-)

"Dusk"
When I go for walks I bring my camera with me. Every time. Even if I just go down to the shop to buy some milk. Because that's when I really see things. A mundane walk in a boring neighbourhood can all of a sudden bring something to my eye that is more inspirational than anything I've seen for weeks. And you can never decide when it will happen, so you better bring your camera every single time you go outside.
It doesn't even have to be a big, fancy camera. A mobile phone can do the trick if you just learn how it works. How it behaves in different lighting and motifs.
The picture above is taken with my small pocket camera. Nothing special, just a Point and shoot kind of camera. That day I was working (at a home for people with disabilties) and was just popping out to buy some sushi. My work is situated next to a marina so it's quite windy there. The sun was just about to go down and the light was absolutely gorgeous. Just next to the water there was some reed growing and the straws made beautiful rustling sounds. The low sun flickered through the reed as it blew from side to side. I paused for just a few seconds to fish up my camera from my pocket and shoot, right in to the straws. I knew exactly how it would turn out. And that is through all the mistakes I've done trying to capture something moving in not enough light. But this was different in that way that I wanted it to be a "mistake". I wanted the motion, the blur and the low light. I took maybe three or four pics and two of them came out just the way I wanted.
After that day this is one of my favourite motifs. Grass, wind, straws in glowing sunlight.
I think it's a combination of coincidence, nature behaving like nature usually does, and knowing how to tame the light and the movement. Plus, it's really pretty.

Here are a few more on the same theme.

"Sharp"

"Flimsy"



"Golden Straws"

"Straw" 

"Evening sun" 

4 comments:

  1. I love the images, how you captured the mood so beautifully and how you describe it. I know, I'm going to love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful images. Nature is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! So glad you like it, that inspires me even more to make this series a great one! :-)

    ReplyDelete